Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Over 55

I never planned for the day I would  be 55- it just happened.  I still have a hard time accepting I am 59.  Why do people seem to ask when I will retire so much lately? Someone sent me this video- guess they are trying to tell me something- I don't know what he is talking about in this video- maybe you can help me understand? For you who cannot view the video, I posted some thoughts from my Wisdom, Wonder and Wit humor book, on Being over 40. That just happened as well.
You Might Be Over 40 If..
Instead of combing your hair, you arrange it.
You stop to think and sometimes forget to start again.
Work becomes more fun and fun becomes more work.
Your doctor is younger than you.
You develop a taste for bran flakes.
You appreciate the luxury of a nap in front of the TV
You are cautioned to slow down by your doctor instead of by the police
when getting a little action means the prune juice is working
even your teeth have wrinkles....
you go to an antique auction and people bid on you
you remember when the dead sea was just sick...
people say your look like a million, and they are serious..
you streak through the garden Club Flower show and the judges give you an award for the best dried arrangement..
When you don't care where your wife goes, just so you don't have to go along.
When getting lucky means you find your car in the parking lot.
Your try to straighten out the wrinkles in your socks and discover you aren't wearing any.
At the breakfast table you hear snap, crackle, pop and you're not eating cereal.
Your back goes out, but you stay home.
Happy hour is a nap.
It takes twice as long - to look half as good.
Everything hurts, and what doesn't hurt - doesn't work.

No comments:

Post a Comment