Friday, September 3, 2021

I'm A State Worker


On September 3rd, 1985 I started working for state of Washington in Pasco, for WUTC; working port of entry scales. They moved us to Marysville two years later under a promotion. It was so expensive there, that I requested a transfer to an opening in Wenatchee and moved on Christmas Day 1987. In 1993 I was to transfer to Kent or be laid off due to lack of funding. I commuted for one month until I could start with WSDOT on Oct. 4th, 1993, with no break in service. My first winter was staying at Stevens pass to plow snow, nights, and in 2003 I transferred to Striping from maintenance where we would stripe from Canadian border to below Othello in summers. Winter months I go back to maintenance to plow snow and work with maintenance. It was a good 35 years and I made a lot of friends, they gave me some good equipment to work with, and I enjoyed the medical insurance and leave benefits. I also am glad safety was such a concern for them and I have seen some beautiful areas of the state as well. So here is a short video called "I'm A State Worker" that I put together a few years ago.

 What is the best American state to go sunbathing?

MonTANa

What state is famously known for selling small soft drinks?

Minnesota

Which US state does all the horse hair come from?

Maine.

He pokes through the contents and comes across an old brass lamp. "This would look nice on my mantelpiece," he thinks, so he takes it home with him. While polishing the lamp, a genie appears and grants him three wishes. "I wish for an ice-cold diet Pepsi right now!" POOF! A Pepsi appears before him on his desk, so he picks it up and guzzles it all at once. Now that he can think more clearly, he states his second wish. "I wish to be on an island where women reside." POOF! Suddenly he is on an island with gorgeous females. He then tells the genie his third and last wish: "I wish I'd never have to work ever again." POOF! He's back in his government office.


I'm A State Worker - YouTube

No comments:

Post a Comment