Sunday, July 28, 2013

Oh Blessed Tail Lights

Jan is gone this week to camp and so I get to watch Billy this Thursday and Friday myself. I sure enjoy being a grandpa. We love to go on walks in his backpack, and I love talking to him as he seems to listen to me and never disagrees.  I think most grandparents hope their grandchildren will change the world for the better where we may have failed. Aaron Wilburn sang this song a few years ago that I thought you may enjoy since there is no real way to tell you the joys of grandparenting unless you have experienced it yourself.
A little boy was in church next his father and at his father’s request said a small prayer, "Dear God, please bless Mommy and Daddy and all the family to be healthy and happy."
Suddenly he looked up and said out loud, "And please don't forget to ask grandpa to give me a bicycle for my birthday!!"
"There is no need to shout like that," said his father. "God isn't hard of hearing."
"No," said the little boy, "but Grandpa is."
A second grader came home from school and said to her grandmother,
"Grandma, guess what? We learned how to make babies today."
The grandmother, more than a little surprised, tried to keep her cool.
"That's interesting, " she said, "how do you make babies?"
"It's simple," replied the girl. "You just change 'y' to 'i' and add 'es'."


A little girl was sitting on her grandmothers lap as she read her a book. She repeatedly touched her grandmothers cheek and then her own fascinated by the difference.
“Grandma” she asked, “Did God make you?”
“Yes dear,” Grandma replied, “God made me a long time ago.”
“Did God make me?” she asked.
“Yes, God made you too.” Answered Grandma.
“Well he sure has gotten better over the years, hasn’t he?

No comments:

Post a Comment