Saturday, July 26, 2014

My Little Girl

 My Little Girl is sung and written by Steve and Annie Chapman. It  reminds me how fast children grow up (and grandpas get old). I am glad God allowed us to us to be Grandparents- I don't think I realized how fast my children would grow up and don't want to forget that again.  I am also grateful for living this long- I think of the many who have gone home already- some younger than myself.  Tonight we are celebrating Emilee's 12th Birthday- (she actually will be 12 on Tuesday the 29th)- but I never turn down an opportunity to celebrate a birthday. In fact before that party, we get to celebrate our former pastors wife's birthday who is turning 80 today, in Moses Lake.  They have 17 great grandchildren and have been married over 61 years. They were an important part of my high school days when we lived in Grand Coulee Dam in the 70's and they pastored the Electric City Church. I pray Emilee finds many friends like that to help guide, encourage and show her by example the right roads to walk in for life. Happy Birthday Emilee  Wentworth and Vida Smith. May God Richly Bless You this coming year! 

No comments:

Post a Comment