Saturday, August 31, 2013

Chocolate Energy Bar

I love funny commercials that can make me laugh. I really cannot add to this one- I have been trying to cut back on sugar, and that includes candy. Maybe this is one more reason for me. Loosing weight is another. 
There are only three things in life that matter – good friends, good chocolate and, oh dear, what was that other one?

Chocolate doesn’t make the world go ’round, but it sure does make the trip worthwhile!

My therapist told me the way to achieve true inner peace is to finish what I start. So far today, I have finished 2 bags of M and M’s and a chocolate cake. I feel better already.
 
I’d give up chocolate, but I’m no quitter.

Chocolate is a Vegetable: chocolate is derived from cocoa beans. Bean = vegetable. Sugar is derived from either sugar cane or sugar beets. Both are plants, which places them in the vegetable category. Thus, chocolate is a vegetable. To go one step further, chocolate candy bars also contain milk, which is dairy. So candy bars are a health food.

A man found a bottle on the beach. He opened it and out popped a genie, who gave the man three wishes. The man wished for a million dollars, and poof! There was a million dollars. Then he wished for a convertible, and poof! There was a convertible. And then, he wished he could be irresistible to all women… Poof! He turned into a box of chocolates.

An elderly man lay dying in his bed.
In death’s agony, he suddenly smelled the aroma of his favorite chocolate chip cookies wafting up the stairs.
Gathering his remaining strength, he lifted himself from the bed. He slowly made his way out of the bedroom, and, with even greater effort, forced himself down the stairs, gripping the railing with both hands. With labored breath, he leaned against the door, gazing into the kitchen.
Were it not for death’s agony, he would have thought himself already in heaven: there, spread out on the kitchen table, were hundreds of his favorite chocolate chip cookies.
Mustering one final effort, he threw himself toward the table. His aged and withered hand painstakingly made its way toward a cookie when it was suddenly smacked by a spatula.
“Stay out of those,” said his wife, “they’re for the funeral.”

No comments:

Post a Comment