Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Amusement Park USA (Silverwood)

Silverwood Theme Park opened in 1988- I think we first visited it in 1989 when our kids were young. The last few years we would try to go together as a family day with grandkids, normally staying the night before in Spokane and ready when park opened at 11am. To help keep those memories alive, I made four or five videos, including this one  from a 1960's Beach Boys song called "Amusement Park USA" of our 2011 visit. Tomorrow my vacation is over- its been a fun summer- we did actually have a family day with grandkids last month at Enchanted Village, and it was fun. I am glad the grandkids had a fun summer as well. So Today, Jan, Trent and myself are off to Silverwood on a one day trip.. And I will post photos of the this years day below.
We arrived at 11am, (opening time), and an employee took our photo for us with the train conductors
 This is toward the end of the day,
 just after we rode the 6pm train ride.
Trent on our final ride of the  day-
 usually this was our first ride of the park it seemed.
Lines were very short and great weather. 
Trent was our chauffer on the antique Cars.
The train and the magic shows are favorites.(I miss the ice skating show) Jan and I rode the new ride, Monster, spent several hours in water park, had pizza for lunch and ate at Wendys on way home.Gas was 3.51 a gallon in Courdelane. The hiway there has been greatly improved in last years.

No comments:

Post a Comment