Sunday, October 5, 2014

Thank You Lord

Oct. 5th, 2008, we moved back into our house, exactly 6 months from our house fire.  I thought six months was a short time, I have seen other people displaced for much longer times. We can relate to those who lost homes this summer due to the fires. (I am not sure if we were supposed to wait for permit to move back in which did not arrive for another month?)  People were so good to us, and reached out in so many ways to bless us.  I used to sing a song in church called "Count Your Blessings"- God is so good to us. This song is one of my favorite Gaither songs, sung by the Easters, I love the words- I added photos of our house during that six months. We so appreciate Darcie letting us stay in her camper during that time, the shower the church gave us, the many meals, and how people reached out to help us in so many ways. Words cannot express it.  Pemco Insurance and France and Company were very fair and good to us as well.   I am thankful for my job that I have been at for over 22 years now. Thankful I passed my DOT physical last week again.  Our Tumwater house should close this month and be sold. I am so thankful for family, friends and grandkids!  And To have someone stick with me for over 40 years is amazing- I so love my wife Jan. Such Great Memories I cherish and new ones every day! Another song I used to hear is "I know I am the richest poor man on this Earth"....You sure can't measure wealth just in money.  We certainly do not have to wait for Thanksgiving to count our blessings! "Thank You Lord for your Blessings on me."
 Contentment is not the fulfillment of what you want, but the realization of how much you already have.

No comments:

Post a Comment