Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Let Them Be Little

Surely, two of the most satisfying experiences in life must be those of being a grandchild or a grandparent.  It seems kids when they are little do not mind photos taken- as they get older, they object to photos and using them in videos. Here is my last video I made of Caitlyn several years ago, who is 7 now. It is called "Let Them Be Little".   A Welsh Proverb says "Perfect love sometimes does not come until the first grandchild." Another bumper sticker reads "My Favorite People Call Me Grandpa". It's funny what happens when you become a grandparent. You start to act all goofy and do things you never thought you'd do. It's terrific.
A dying grandfather tells his grandchild, "I want to leave you my farm. That includes the barn, livestock, the harvest, the tractor, and other equipment, the farmhouse and $24,548,750.45 in cash."
The grandchild, absolutely floored and about to become rich says, "Oh grandpa, you are SO generous! I didn't even know you had a farm. Where is it?"
With his last breath, Grandpa whispered, "Facebook..."

No comments:

Post a Comment