Saturday, October 4, 2014

Momma, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Pastors

October is Pastor Appreciation Month and I am so thankful for my pastor, my previous pastors, and those pastors who have influenced my life and our community even though I do not attend their church.  Pastor Jerry Beebe (Wenatchee) has been my pastor the longest- since 1987 he has stuck with me and I hope he does not retire. He was at our house before the firemen left when we had our house fire in 2008. We have also had Ron Masters,(Marysville) Rick Ross,(Richland) Ron Hastie,(Olympia) George Smith,(Olympia)Leif Malmin,(Spokane Valley) Carl Smith,(Electric City) Harold Hanson,(Electric City) Floyd Earlywine,(Federal Way) Eugene Bull, (Tacoma)Paul Keil,(Sawyer) and several others while growing up. Then you must count the many associate pastors who spent so much time with me as well- many now are senior pastors of their own church. Few can say they have been married to a Childrens Pastor for 22 years- (God knew I would never really grow up.)  I just did not have time to make a video-so I am sharing this video "Momma, Don't Let Your Babies Grow Up To Be Pastors". (it is a only a humor spoof- I do not believe it- Pastoring is a high and special calling) I  love the sense of humor my Pastors have. I appreciate the support, friendship, encouragement, accountability, education and wisdom I receive from them. Retired or not, I can still call on any of them for help and prayers.  "Thank You, to my Pastors!  May God Richly Reward You." Everyone of my pastors are still faithfully serving the Lord or are now sitting in his presence! What great examples!  Lead On!  Finish Strong! God Bless You!
PARTING WORDS OF A LOUISIANA PREACHER TO A DEPARTING FRIEND AT THE AIRPORT: “MAY GOD AND YOUR LUGGAGE GO WITH YOU.”

THERE’S A PREACHER IN TEXAS SO RELIGIOUS HE HAS STAINED GLASS WINDOWS IN HIS CAR.

Here are some things that a Pastor dreams of hearing in his church.
1. Hey! It's my turn to sit in the front pew.
2. I was so enthralled, I never noticed your sermon went 25 minutes over time.
3. Personally I find witnessing much more enjoyable than golf.
4. I've decided to give our church the $500 a month I used to send to TV evangelists.
5. I volunteer to be the permanent teacher for the Junior High Sunday School class.
6. Forget the denominational minimum salary, let's pay our pastor so he can live like we do.
7. I love it when we sing hymns I've never heard before!
8. Since we're all here, let's start the service early.
9. Pastor, we'd like to send you to this Bible seminar in the Bahamas.
10. Nothing inspires me and strengthens my commitment like our annual stewardship campaign!
11. I couldn't find space to park outside. Praise God!

A local Pastor joined a community Service Club, and the members thought they would have a little fun with him. Under his name badge they printed, "Hog Caller" as his occupation. Everyone made a big fanfare as the badge was presented.

The Pastor responded by saying, " I usually am called the "Shepherd of the sheep"... but I guess you know your people better than I do."

A mother called her son on Sunday morning to make sure he got out of bed and was ready for Church.
"I'm not going," he replied.
"Yes you are going, so get out of that bed!" his mother demanded.
"Give me ONE good reason why I should go," said her son.
"I'll give you THREE good reasons ... One, I'm your mother, and I say you're going. Two, you're 40 years old, so you're old enough to know better ... and three, you're the Pastor, so you need to be there."

No comments:

Post a Comment