Sunday, July 26, 2015

Royal Family Camp

Royal Family Camp is a wonderful organization devoted to letting foster kids to "just be a kid" for one week, and to build up their self esteem. This camp fills a special need and I really support it. I had the privilege to work with some of the people in this video several years ago, many are still working with this years camp, including Steve and  Suzanne Russert who are camp directors. This is the 7th year our church has provided that camp locally. There are approx 500 kids in 13 different states at camp this week!  In my younger years I was a counselor- but I have had to pass that torch on to younger men who can keep up.  I also admire Todd  McLaughlin at Apple Valley Honda who has taken on so much of the sponsorship of this yearly event through Children's Classic Golf and other donations. I made this video several years ago of our local Royal Family Camp, to a song they loved to sing called "Before I Go" Please pray for each of the workers, and each of the foster kids, all of  this week!


above are some of the workers team building at a recent training session for camp
They made a video several years ago about one of these camps,
it may still be available on video or Netflex. Simply called "Camp"- (very good too)

No comments:

Post a Comment