Sunday, August 3, 2014

Every Preachers Worst Nightmare

The words "Pitch his tents" is found nine times in the Wycliffe  Bible translation, some versions do not have those words at all. This video is of a youth pastor who tries to say "Pitch his Tents" in the story of Sodom and Gomorra. You try to say it 5 times fast......And I applaud him for dealing with that story- most preachers are afraid to touch that story anymore- but maybe it is because of  "Pitch his Tents" and it coming out wrong? I hope he is still preaching- I would like to hear him and am glad God has a sense of humor.  (Genesis 13:12  New International Version (NIV)12 Abram lived in the land of Canaan, while Lot lived among the cities of the plain and pitched his tents near Sodom.)

Letters Addressed to Pastor From Kids:
· Dear Pastor,
I know God loves everybody but He never met my sister.
· Dear Pastor,
Please say in your sermon that Peter Peterson has been a good boy all week. I am Peter Peterson.
· Dear Pastor,
My father should be a minister. Every day he gives us a sermon about something.
· Dear Pastor,
I'm sorry I can't leave more money in the plate, but my father didn't give me a raise in my allowance. Could you have a sermon about a raise in my allowance?
· Dear Pastor,
My mother is very religious. She goes to play bingo at church every week even if she has a cold.
· Dear Pastor,
Please pray for all the airline pilots. I am flying to California tomorrow.
· Dear Pastor,
I hope to go to heaven some day but later than sooner.
· Dear Pastor,
My father says I should learn the Ten Commandments. But I don't think I want to because we have enough rules already in my house.

No comments:

Post a Comment