Thursday, August 21, 2014

Stay Young in Your Mind

Someone said a laugh is a smile with the volume turned up. I certainly am not saying everything is a joke and you  must be giggly- but I know the power and importance of laughter. I am concerned when fail to see anyone laugh, I think that is true of some children and many adults. I am watching as my grandkids laugh and try to make others laugh- that is good. Pastor Joel Osten shared some thoughts on this that I am using for todays blog- I can only say, Amen! I hope you have taken time to laugh today. For you who cannot view the video- I posted two jokes for you below.
On a balmy day in the South Pacific, a navy ship spied smoke coming from one of three huts on an island they thought was deserted. Upon arriving at the shore they were met by a "survivor." He said, "I'm so glad you're here! I've been alone on this island for more than three years!" The captain of the ship replied, "But we saw THREE huts." The survivor said, "Oh. We'll, I live in one, and go to church in another." "What about the THIRD hut?" asked the captain. "That's where I USED to go to church."

A 75 year old woman had a vision one night, and saw and spoke to God. She asked him, “How much time do I have left?” He replied, “You have 35 years left.” So that year she had a face lift, a tummy tuck, her nose reshaped, liposuction, cosmetic surgery and completely redid herself. She figured as long as she was going to live another 35 years, she was going to look young again. After all this was done, she was hit by a car an killed. When she entered heaven, she walked over to God and asked, “What happened- I thought you said I had another 35 years.” God replied, “I didn’t recognize you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment