Friday, January 4, 2013

Welcome to Our Church

I remember reading an obituary of a former member of our church who had not missed a day of Sunday School in 56 years. Wow- what a statement and what a goal for a new years resolution. I know there are many good church's out there and of coarse I am proud of our church that we have attended since Christmas 1987. If you are looking for the perfect church- then I can't really help you- but I would like to invite you this Sunday at 10am at 1520 McKittrick Ave in Wenatchee if you do not have a church home. Even if you are visiting our beautiful Valley- make it a point to join us. Happy New Year, and please consider your resolution to be in church faithfully this year.
 If you find the perfect church- better not invite me, as I would hate to ruin it. For those who cannot view the video of the day, I have posted from one of my humor book pages, "Reasons why I Do Not Wash".
10 Reasons Why I Do No Wash
1. I was forced to as a child.
2. People who wash are hypocrites -- they think they are cleaner than everybody else.
3. There are so many different kinds of soap, I can't decide which one is best.
4. I used to wash, but I got bored and stopped.
5. I wash only on special occasions, like Christmas and Easter.
6. None of my friends wash.
7. I'll start washing when I get older and dirtier.
8. I can't spare the time.
9. The bathroom is never warm enough in winter or cool enough in summer.
10. People who make soap are only after your money 

Gladys Dunn recently moved into a retirement community in a small town. One beautiful Sunday morning she walked down the street to a church not far from her apartment. Gladys was in awe of the big beautiful church building as she stepped inside to attend the worship service. Gladys however, wasn't too impressed with the sermon. She thought it was kind of boring and, as she looked around the church, she noticed that many of the members were nodding off. When the preacher finished his sermon he encouraged the congregation to greet those sitting close by. Gladys turned toward the man sitting on her left. He, too, had fallen asleep and was yawning and stretching trying to wake up. He smiled at her, and Gladys returned the smile. She politely offered her hand and said, "I'm Gladys Dunn." "You and me both!" the man replied.


CHURCH NEVERS 
6. Never ask an usher to break a $20. 
5. Never do a cannonball in the baptismal tank. 
4. Never hold a church business meeting on Super Bowl Sunday 
3. Never tell the pastor, "We love your church and we might even come back next Easter." 
2. During youth group activities, never bungee jump off the church steeple or play chicken with the church buses. 
1. After a soloist of impressive size sings "Love Lifted Me," don't follow with the hymn "It Took a Miracle."

No comments:

Post a Comment