Saturday, September 19, 2015

Danger Ahead

Several years ago I made this video called Danger Ahead- it is a reminder to be safe at work and at home. I think its good to be reminded, and keep safety a priority. I believe safety can have humor in it to learn from. I did a safety meeting several months ago and I think I had some almost crying after watching some of those sad, graphic, videos about drinking and driving- probably never get asked again for a safety meeting. This one is not sad, or graphic.
Why does mineral water that ‘has trickled through the mountains for centuries’ have an expiry date?

A magician worked on a cruise ship. The audience was always different each week, so the magician did the same tricks over and over again.
There was one problem – the captain’s parrot saw the shows each week and began to understand how the magician did everything. Once he had worked them all lout, he started shouting in the middle of the show. “Look, it’s not the same hat!” Or, “Look – he’s hiding the flowers under the4 table!” Or, “Hey, why are all the cards the same?”
The magician was furious but couldn’t do anything – after all, it was the captain’s parrot.
One day, the ship sank. The magician found himself on a piece of wood in the middle of the ocean with, as fate would have it, the parrot. They stared at each other with hatred, but neither of them uttered a word. This went on for a day, then another.
Finally, on the third day, the parrot could not hold back and said, “OK, I give up. Where’s the ship?”

Home Safety Tips
If you are choking on an ice cube, don’t panic. Simply pour a cup of boiling water down your throat and the blockage will be almost instantly removed.
Avoid cutting yourself while chopping vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop them

A man working in a sawmill accidentally cuts off all of his fingers. He rushes off to the emergency department at the hospital, and the doctor says, “Give me your fingers and I’ll see what I can do.” The man replies, “I haven’t got the fingers.” The doctor says, “What do you mean, you haven’t got the fingers? I am the country’s best microsurgeon, and I could have reattached them. Why didn’t you bring them with you?” The man replies, “I couldn’t pick them up.”

A doctor visits a patient lying in a hospital ward. “I’m sorry,” says the doctor, “but I have good news and bad news.” “Don’t hold back,” says the man. “Tell me the bad news first.” The doctor replies, “Your accident was worse than we thought. We had to amputate both your legs.” The man asks, “So what is the good news?” The doctor replies, “The man in the bed next to you wants to buy your slippers.”

No comments:

Post a Comment