Wednesday, October 6, 2021

Home Free

 

Perhaps the nicest words one can receive are; “I’m praying for You”. Thank you to those who have reached out with prayers and love. One lady prayed and sent me a card and is now with Jesus-before I even got home from hospital. Since retirement, February 28th, 2020-not knowing what laid ahead is "normal". This last April, 2021 I was admitted to hospital with Acute Myeloid Leukemia just 18 days after being admitted for Heart Attack. I came home from hospital under Hospice on May 6th, 2021. I have seen miracles from God and enjoyed the last 5 months. This is my 4th video made this year, from an 1990 song by Wayne Watson called "Home Free". I do not know how long I have down here- none of us know that. I am just passing thru down here and Heaven is my home. God has you here for a purpose as well- it may not be for you, but for someone else who needs you in their life. I have so experienced that in so many lives God has placed in my life.



Taken June 12th, 2021
This was taken In August, when Darcie brought us donuts
This photo was taken 9/13/21 near Chelan on hwy 971. That week I had my first haircut since February. we had hoped to travel on Lady of the Lake but it was broken down and other boat was full.
Photo taken 9/22/21 while camping at Milo McGiver State Park-
Our first camping trip this summer.
Update: I actually made this video 3 weeks ago and posted this blog this morning even though I wrote most of it last week. This morning at 9am Hospice took my blood sample for testing. Lisa called tonight and said my blood count is normal!!! I praise God and give him glory. 
Some have asked if I am healed? I am reminded of the man in John 9- a whole chapter is spent talking about his healing and he basically says " I don't know, I just know I was blind but now I can see". Did he give God credit for the miracles in his life properly, and was eyesight the only miracle in his life from God?  I can ask the same of myself?
I do know- I wondered If I would make it to fathers Day- now I am thanking God every day and counting my blessings- Maybe Thanksgiving?
I do know I told a nurse not to leave the hospital room as I did not want to die alone- and last week I was in church or with church family almost every day. (Sunday 10am, Tuesday 7am, Wednesday 7pm, Thursday 7am, Thursday 5pm, and Saturday 5pm) I have missed very few Sunday mornings
I do know I came home on a stretcher 5 months ago- was carried into the house with help of firemen called to help, could not walk or even turn over in bed and used a bed pan and now I can walk and drive car.
I do know my blood count was off in 5 areas several months ago and off in 6 areas last April and last week I received a normal blood count reading for those areas now.
I hear many have died from covid, many have died from getting the covid shot and I am writing this thanking God for each day I have- over 5 months at home now from a disease the doctor told me I had weeks or maybe months but not years. Do we put time frames on miracles from God- it would still be a miracle if it was 5 days, 5 months or 5  years.
I do know the medical bills have totaled over $600,000.00 for me and my share has been less than one monthly tithe total. 
I do know since retiring- the years have been uncertain- but also so blessed. I have enjoyed  some of the best times in our marriage. So enjoyed the daily bible reading this year with Jan.  I have enjoyed the things that have not changed- no pain during this year  It was a year ago I attended the funeral of a former dot supervisor who died from cancer.
So- no- I have not asked if I still have Leukemia- does it matter? I have seen so many miracles he has done for me and each day I wake up is a miracle. People have been so good to us- brought us meals, cards, and visited us when I could have no visitors while in hospital. No- I do not know how long I have down here- but I had to share my thanks before Thanksgiving day
Thank you for your prayers.  Just to let you know how far I have come- let me post some past blood counts.
God is in control and I am in his hands. thanks for your prayers. 

October 6th, 2021
ComponentYour ValueStandard RangeFlag
WBC4.7 10*3/uL
RBC4.58 10*6/uL
HGB14.3 g/dL
HCT40.9 %
MCV89.2 fL
MCH31.2 pg
MCHC34.9 g/dL
RDW14.5 %
Platelet Count140 10*3/uL


June 223rd, 2021
ComponentYour ValueStandard RangeFlag
WBC5.9 10*3/uL
RBC3.10 10*6/uLL
HGB9.9 g/dLL
HCT29.9 %L
MCV96.3 fL
MCH31.8 pg
MCHC33.0 g/dL
RDW17.7 %H


april 22nd, 2021


ComponentYour ValueStandard RangeFlag
WBC0.1 10*3/uLLL
RBC2.45 10*6/uLL
HGB7.9 g/dLL
HCT23.0 %L
MCV93.8 fL
MCH32.4 pg
MCHC34.5 g/dL
RDW15.4 %
Platelet Count7 10*3/uLLL

1 comment:

  1. This is a very special blog post. Praying for you & enjoying all your posts as usual. 🙏
    (Pam Evans)

    ReplyDelete