Thursday, September 3, 2015

White Line Fever

 
On Sept. 3rd 1985 I went to work for the state, at Utilities and Transportation Commission. I worked in Pasco, (port of entry), Snohomish and Wenatchee/Okanagan.  I actually worked in Kent for one month too, commuting back and forth during September 1993. On Oct. 4th, 1993 I transferred to the Department of Transportation, in maintenance, in Wenatchee. My first winter was night shift on Stevens Pass.  In 2003 I transferred to the Traffic Department of WSDOT. I  now work in Striping between April and November and other months work mainly plowing snow back in maintenance. It’s a good relationship and I enjoy my job(s). I joke that if it wasn’t for my wife, I would work for Free. Since 2005 I have tried to make a video of the striping season-It’s getting hard to find a new song and I can never fit all the photos into 3 minutes that I want. I made this video several years ago- White Line Fever, Since it talks about getting older.  We see some pretty country and work with some great people. Little did I know when I accepted that job thirty years ago, I would see three different towns to live in,  eight different offices to call home, 6 assigned cars/pickups,  and the many great people I would get to work with.  Already this year I have used over 250 cans of spray paint. I am not sure how bosses I have had, who are now retired.  30 years has gone by too fast.

 1985-MCLE Inspector in Pasco
1991-MCLE Investigator in Wenatchee
 2003- Maintenance Tech 2 on SR28
2011- about has high as I am going to get in the DOT I think
Photo Taken in ??

No comments:

Post a Comment