Wednesday, September 9, 2015

If I Could See The World

This Sunday is Grandparents Day. Its fun being a grandparent! I know a lot of Grandparents- I made this video a couple years ago to remind them of the importance of seeing the world through the eyes of a child. Patsy Cline released this song on 9-9-1958- 57 years ago today- "If I Could See the World Through The Eyes of A Child". I would  like to dedicate it to all my friends who are Grandparents
In February 1977, Senator Randolph, introduced a Joint Resolution to the Senate requesting the President to "issue annually a proclamation designating the first Sunday of September after Labor Day of each year as 'National Grandparents Day'." Congress passed the legislation proclaiming the first Sunday after Labor Day as National Grandparents Day and, on August 3, 1978, then-President Jimmy Carter signed the proclamation. The statute cites the day's purpose as: "...to honor grandparents, to give grandparents an opportunity to show love for their children's children, and to help children become aware of strength, information, and guidance older people can offer". The official flower is the forget me not flower, and the official song is called Grandpa and Grandma, which I will post Sunday.  Happy Grandparents Day 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment