Monday, June 1, 2015

Old Friends

"If wealth is measured in friendship you are truly a weathy man" one of my facebook friends posted that last week and it reminded how rich indeed I am. My mother taught me to choose my friends wisely- I hope my grandkids know the importance of that advice- again, I am so blessed to have friends who have helped and supported me. Bill Gaither wrote a song years ago called Old Friends- the words are pretty powerful and true. I hope you don't mind if I added a few photos of some of my friends that I am so thankful for. Please do not sue me for calling you an "old" friend or be insulted if I left your photo out- I quickly  threw this together- yes there should be a song for releatives as well- but today,  I just want to say "thank you" to all my Friends and dedicate this song to you even if your photo is not in it.
Mary and Jane are old friends. They have both been married to their husbands for a long time; Mary is upset because she thinks her husband doesn't find her attractive anymore. "As I get older he doesn't bother to look at me!" Mary cries. "I'm so sorry for you, as I get older my husband says I get more beautiful every day." replies Jane. "Yes, but your husband's an antique dealer!"

A week after John bought a bull, he complained to his friend, “All that bull does is eat grass. Won’t even look at a cow.”
“Take him to the vet,” his friend suggested.
The next week, John is much happier. “The vet gave him some pills, and the bull serviced all of my cows!” he told his pal. “Then he broke through the fence and bred with all my neighbor’s cows! He’s like a machine!”
“What kind of pills were they?” asked the friend.
“I don’t know, but they’ve got a peppermint taste.”
It takes a long time . . . to grow an old friend. (Version #2)
Senior citizens have taken to texting with gusto. They even have their own vocabulary:
BFF: Best Friend Fainted
BYOT: Bring Your Own Teeth
CBM: Covered by Medicare
FWB: Friend with Beta-blockers
LMDO: Laughing My Dentures Out
GGPBL: Gotta Go, Pacemaker Battery Low!
You Can’t Make Old Friends You Either Have Them Or You Don’t
Retirement is the best thing that has happened to my brother-in-law.
"I never know what day of the week it is," he gloated. "All I know is, the day the big paper comes, I have to dress up and go to church."

No comments:

Post a Comment