Sunday, June 21, 2015

My Fathers Eyes

Its fun being a grandpa, but no one can replace the importance of fathers! (and I do not try) Ever notice a Miss America Contest when a camera is in their face, the girls will usually say "hi Daddy" while the big football players, when a camera is in their face, men will usually say "hi Mom"?  I am proud of the dads of my Grandkids and know how their kids look up to them! I am also blessed with a daughter who likes to take photos and lets me use her photos.  I made this video several years ago, the words of the song speak to me. My goal is people can say at my funeral- he had his Fathers Eyes....
"Children's children are the crown of old men; and the glory of children are their fathers."

On the first day of school, the Kindergarten teacher said, "If anyone has to go to the bathroom, hold up two fingers." A voice from the back of the room asked, "How will that help?"

Dear Dad,
$chool i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply can't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you.
Love,
Your $on

The Reply:

Dear Son,
I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh.
Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment