Saturday, June 6, 2015

You Are the Best Thing

I first met Janice in History class when I moved to Coulee Dam back in 1971, We started dating when we went to state Basketball playoffs since I had a car and I also took her to the prom. she went to Eastern state college and I went to Northwest college after we graduated only to discover how we missed each other so much and I figured it would be cheaper to get married than pay all those phone bills and postage stamps. We were married April 13th, 1974 in Coulee Dam. Its hard to believe we have been married over 41 years- they have gone too quickly and are some of the best times of my life. I added some photos to the Gladys Knight song called "The Best thing that happened to Me". that song came out about the time we were dating and got married- Gladys Knight is 71 years old now....

It's great to see the many anniversary's this month on facebook! I hope my friends do not mind if I share some of the advice posted from their posts regarding marriage and anniversary's.

This is from one married 33 years- any surprise- with rules like this?
my rules for a happy marriage🙏
1. GOD
2. Put each other first😊!!!!!! Always!!!! After God🙏
3. No one is ever sent to the couch unless you both want to go there together‼️
4. Work at Being in love and staying in love - in every way!!...
5. Go ahead and disagree just know you have to finish it and make up before going to sleep!
6. When saying goodbye for the day or anytime - make it passionate enough as if it was your last‼️‼️‼️
7. Spend quality family time!
8. Take care of each other when the kids are little - so when you are empty nesters you are more in love than ever!!!
9. Each one gives 100%‼️‼️
10. Put God first in everything🙏
11. Love PASSIONATELY


This is one for another couple, married 39 years;
Love is not Romeo and Juliet dying together, its Oma and Opa (or Gramma and Gramdapa) growing old together. Love is about the journey, for better, for worse, in sickness and in health, for ever and ever....happy aniversary!

And someone posted this photo;

No comments:

Post a Comment