Sunday, November 16, 2014

The Greatest Gift

Several years ago I added some photos of Janice to this song by Steve and Annie Chapman. The words are more important than the photos.  Someone asked what I want for Christmas- I have so much to be thankful for- I really do not need any material gifts. As I recall some of the past presents have received- I think of those who gave them, and more importantly the things money could not buy, that were given me. I have lost too many loved ones this past year. It reminded me of what really is important in life.
The Message Translation of Proverbs 13:22 reads like this; A good life gets passed on to the grandchildren; ill-gotten wealth ends up with good people.
Or if you prefer the New International Version, Proverbs 13:22 reads like this; A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children, but a sinner’s wealth is stored up for the righteous.
The Message translation of Proverbs 20:7 reads like this; God-loyal people, living honest lives, make it much easier for their children.
The New International Version  of Proverbs 20:7 reads like this; The righteous lead blameless lives; blessed are their children after them.
Whichever translation you relate to- I owe a lot to my parents- My parents left me a wonderful legacy and an example to follow. We have been married only 40.5 years- but I owe so much to those who have prayed for us, led by example, and taught us. I hope I can pass some of  those blessings on to my children and grandchildren- that is the Greatest Gift one can give. So if you are looking for a gift for Christmas- listen to this video song as my wish to you-Its the gift that keeps giving and giving.
Proverbs 22 1 A good name is more desirable than great riches; to be esteemed is better than silver or gold

No comments:

Post a Comment