Friday, June 14, 2013

Moulder of Dreams 3 of 3 by Guy Doud

This is part 3 of 3 parts of a sermon by Guy Doud telling the imporatnce we can have on others lives. I do not know if he still teaches, he was teacher of the year in the 80's and I first heard him on Focus on the Family. I challenge men to listen to all 3 parts of this video and look for someone you can impact for the good. Be a Moulder of Dreams. I can name many in my life who have.
Happy Father's Day! by Tony Perkins
The book of Proverbs tells us that, "Children's children are the crown of old men, and the glory of children is their father." I'm still a few years a way from having grandchildren, but I've seen enough photographs of my friends and associates' grandchildren to get the picture!

As for the second portion of Solomon's insightful proverb -- the glory or significance that a child gains from their father -- I can speak to that. This Sunday as we celebrate Fathers' Day, I'm grateful for a dad that not only helped bring me into the world, but for a father that has helped guide me through this world. I cannot begin to imagine navigating this treacherous minefield we call life without the words of wisdom and the lessons taught by example from my Dad. Looking around at the cultural chaos, the political corruption, the spiritual compromise, and the breakdown of the family, many ask, "How do we turn this nation around?" "Where do we even start?"

I don't want to oversimplify the complexity of the challenges we face, but the biggest and most significant impact can be made by men who father children, simply being dads. Give your children something to glory in. To all of those who, like my Dad, have made investing in their children a top priority in life -- and to those men who have stepped in to fill the "dad void" in lives of others -- this weekend we celebrate you. Happy Father's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment