Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Dum Dum by Brenda Lee

This one  is just a plain old song- Brenda Lee sang the song “Dum Dum in 1962 that was #4 on the charts.  It’s not a deep song- oldies made you feel good and you could understand the words. Brenda Lee is still married from her 1963 marriage, when she was 18 and her mom and manager discouraged her from doing. She has two daughters and 3 grandchildren and was inducted into the country music hall of fame and the rock and roll hall of fame. She would sing in her Baptist Church almost every Sunday as a child. Her dad was killed in a construction accident when she was eight years old- leaving her the breadwinner of her family. She began her singing at age of three. I added some photos of my youngest granddaughter, Caitlyn. Her mom takes excellent photos and I think Caitlyn enjoys posing.  I love being a grandpa and love all my grandkids. 

No comments:

Post a Comment