Friday, May 1, 2015

Classy Chassis

Tonight is the 30th annual Classy Chassis Parade/Car Show in East Wenatchee. It has come a long way since 1985! What perfect weather- which is normal for this beautiful Valley.  Where else can you watch a 2 hour parade or see classic cars up close in a beautiful park for free? I sure appreciate everyone who enters their cars as well as all the planning that goes into making this as big as it has become. I was amazed how  many cars I see for first time and the wide variety of cars. It is always fun to talk to the owners-you can learn so much about the car and history.  I have cheated, I have dropped off my car Saturday morning around 10am in park, so I could watch the Apple Blossom Parade at 11am. Where else can you leave you car and not worry about it? I did not take enough photos, but I always say this is about memories and money. Memories for me; and money for those who have fixed up those cars.  Sure gives me mixed since selling my 67 cougar. This video is actually one I made 2 years ago, in 2013. It already seems so different with the car gone- I miss it, yes- but never drove it enough to take up the garage; and I lost my friend, who we were car club members, for years.

No comments:

Post a Comment