Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Most Dangerous Job

Someone said going to church won't make you a Christian any more than eating a donut will make you a cop? Actually I was a peace officer  back in the 80's for WUTC- although we never carried guns and mainly dealt with trucks.  I also interviewed for a state trooper position before the WUTC hired me.  My hats off to the police who some say have the most dangerous job? I have some good friends in that field. And hats off to this commercial- very well done.
Police Chief: As a recruit, you'll be faced with some difficult issues.
What would you do if you had to arrest your mother?
New Recruit: Call for backup!

A man was recently flying to New York. He decided to strike up a conversation with his seat mate.
"I've got a great policeman joke. Would you like to hear it?"
"I should let you know first that I am a policeman."
"That's OK. I'll tell it really slow!"

COP: "When I saw you driving down the road, I guessed 55 at least."
LADY: "You're wrong, officer, it's only my hat that makes me look that old.”

The local sheriff was looking for a deputy, so Gomer - who was not exactly the sharpest nail in the bucket went in to try out for the job.
"Okay," the sheriff drawled, "Gomer, what is 1 and 1?"
"11" he replied.
The sheriff thought to himself, "That's not what I meant, but he's right."
"What two days of the week start with the letter 'T'?"
"Today and tomorrow."
He was again surprised that Gomer supplied a correct answer that he had never thought of himself.
"Now Gomer, listen carefully: Who killed Abraham Lincoln?"
Gomer looked a little surprised himself, then thought really hard for a minute and finally admitted, "I don't know."
"Well, why don't you go home and work on that one for a while?"
So, Gomer wandered over to the pool hall where his pals were waiting to hear the results of the interview. Gomer was exultant.
"It went great! First day on the job and I'm already working on a murder case!"


Two police officers responding to a domestic disturbance with shots fired arrive on scene. After discovering the wife had shot her husband for walking across her freshly mopped floor,they call their sergeant on his cell phone."Hello Sarge." “What's happened?" asked the sarge. "It looks like we have a homicide here." "What happened?" again asked the Sarge. "A woman has shot her husband for stepping on the floor she had just mopped." "Have you placed her under arrest?" asked the Sarge. "No sir. The floor is still wet."

No comments:

Post a Comment