Thursday, September 25, 2014

Cultivating A Good Marriage

Never quit working on making your  marriage better! Without judging anyone or knowing all the facts in all situations, can I say;  I am so tired of hearing of those walking away from their marriages, breaking their vows they made, and thinking their decisions does not affect anyone besides themselves, and most of all-  those called Christians who choose to give up and walk away. I have over 55 videos devoted to marriage and I support those ministries who devote themselves to marriage like Family Life,  Life Trac, Focus  on the Family, and Family Talk- please use them, but don't give up. I used to blame church's for not teaching enough on marriage- but it is your choice, it takes two I know, but don't quit working on your marriage. As in todays video- most marriages grow apart as couples quit working on it and staying together. And, don't wait for your partner, Start with yourself!
Last night in church, someone who I looked up, to and I count as a mentor in my life- shared how he tried to mentor his grandson only to find this grandson kept him accountable and made him live his life to a higher standard; because of his grandsons expectations and calling him on it when he did not. He knew his actions affected so many around him- I am tired of those who say "Its my life and no one else's business what I do"- how wrong! Your actions affect so many around, a more exact question is "How much is your sin going to cost me?" Before you do something stupid, like walking away in your marriage- take time to count all it will affect- and who will pay the price for your selfish actions. I am thankful for those who help keep me accountable and will call me on it when I am not. We need more grandkids in this world like his.

No comments:

Post a Comment