Friday, June 27, 2014

Always Be A Child In My Eyes - My Wish For You -Caitlyn

Happy Birthday Caitlyn!  Seems only a blink ago that I held you as a newborn. Unless you are a parent/grandparent- you will not understand how a child remains a child in your eyes long after they have grown up. And unless you have shed a tear as you watched your child go off to school for the first day or off to college. They grow up too fast. It would be selfish and wrong not to let them grow up. We are proud of you Caitlyn. Happy Birthday- this is an old video, but then, you will always be a child in my eyes.
Caitlyns first and last day of school this year (last Day June 11th) I so loved it when Billy and I could walk her to school on Thursday or Fridays this past year- Lee School is only a block away.
Painting is just one of her many talents. She likes to do crafts with Grandma and has the biggest heart for others. 
God Made her so special and one of a kind.
Billy helped pick out a present for Caitlyn. Billy really looks up to Caitlyn.
Here is a recent drawing Caitlyn gave me that she did- I love her detail!

Today is Caitlyns  birthday! Happy Birthday Caitlyn. I am Thankful for The Wonderful Years with Caitlyn. Rascall Flatts sings a song called "My Wish For You" that I added some photos to, several years ago- There are lots of wishes we have for our Grandchildren-sometimes just Happy Birthday is not enough, and Sometimes things do not always go as we wished.  I would like post a letter Paul Harvey quoted on his program in 1997 as well as the words to this song below. I do wish you Gods love and peace and blessings that only he can give.
PAUL HARVEY WRITES HIS GRANDCHILDREN
We tried so hard to make things better for our kids that we made them worse.
For my grandchildren, I'd like better. I'd really like them to know about hand me down clothes and homemade ice cream and leftover meat loaf sandwiches. I really would. I hope you learn humility by being humiliated, and that you learn honesty by being cheated. I hope you learn to make your own bed and mow the lawn and wash the car. And I really hope nobody gives you a brand new car when you are sixteen. It will be good if at least one time you can see puppies born and your old dog put to sleep. 
I hope you get a black eye fighting for something you believe in, I hope you have to share a bedroom with your younger brother. And it's all right if you have to draw a line down the middle of the room, but when he wants to crawl under the covers with you because he's scared, I hope you let him. I hope you have to walk uphill to school with your friends and that you live in a town where you can do it safely. 
On rainy days when you have to catch a ride, I hope you don't ask your driver to drop you two blocks away so you won't be seen riding with someone as uncool as your Mom. If you want a slingshot, I hope your Dad teaches you how to make one instead of buying one. I hope you learn to dig in the dirt and read books. When you learn to use computers, I hope you also learn to add and subtract in your head. 
I hope you get teased by your friends when you have your first crush on a girl, and when you talk back to your mother that you learn what ivory soap tastes like. May you skin your knee climbing a mountain, burn your hand on a stove, and stick your tongue on a frozen flagpole. I don't care if you try a beer once, but I hope you don't like it. And if a friend offers you dope or a joint, I hope you realize he is not your friend. I sure hope you make time to sit on a porch with your Grandpa and go fishing with your Uncle. 
May you feel sorrow at a funeral and joy during the holidays. I hope your mother punishes you when you throw a baseball through your neighbor's window and that she hugs you and kisses you at Christmas time when you give her a plaster mold of your hand. These things I wish for you - tough times and disappointment, hard work and happiness. To me, it's the only way to appreciate life. 
Written with a pen. Sealed with a kiss. I'm here for you. And if I die before you do, I'll go to heaven and wait for you. Send this to all of your friends. We secure our friends, not by accepting favors, but by doing them.  Paul Harvey
These Photos of Caitlyn were taken Wednesday at Kenroy Park

She is a good big Sister
Happy Birthday Caitlyn!
I hope that the days come easy and the moments pass slow,
And each road leads you where you want to go,
And if you're faced with a choice, and you have to choose,
I hope you choose the one that means the most to you.
And if one door opens to another door closed,
I hope you keep on walkin' till you find the window,
If it's cold outside, show the world the warmth of your smile,

But more than anything, more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

I hope you never look back, but ya never forget,
All the ones who love you, in the place you left,
I hope you always forgive, and you never regret,
And you help somebody every chance you get,
Oh, you find God's grace, in every mistake,
And you always give more than you take.

But more than anything, yeah, and more than anything,
My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

My wish, for you, is that this life becomes all that you want it to,
Your dreams stay big, and your worries stay small,
You never need to carry more than you can hold,
And while you're out there getting where you're getting to,
I hope you know somebody loves you, and wants the same things too,
Yeah, this, is my wish.

This is my wish
I hope you know somebody loves you
May all your dreams stay big

No comments:

Post a Comment