Saturday, May 24, 2014

What A Day That Will Be

My Dad was born on May 24th. He died in Sept of 1995.

Dad wrote he wanted to be remembered; “that I found the Lord Jesus Christ to be all sufficient”, and “Only what is done for Christ will Last”.

Some of his favorite thoughts were;
Others will not care how much we know-until they know how much we care;
You can tell where a man goes here after by what he goes after here;
If we are not satisfied with what we have, we will not be satisfied with what we want;
Oh blessed hour, oh hallowed spot, where love divine first found me! Whatever falls my distant lot, my heart shall linger round me. And when from earth I rise to soar, up to my home in heaven, Down will I cast my eyes once more- where I was first Forgiven.

This was found in my fathers possessions after his home going in 1995-
Author Unknown...
Sometimes we look at the gray hair of a ripening saint and say, “Old man, the frosts of many winters are on your head”. Be he answers, “That is not frost. I am getting ready to wear the crown of life, and my hair is taking on a tint agreeable to the color scheme.” We say, “Old man, your back is bent from the caring of many loads.” But he replies, “that’s not it. I am about to come into the kings presence, and I am practicing obeisance that I may the more readily bow to him.” We say, “Old man, your eyes are dim.” He says, “no my focus is changing. I am not largely interested in the things close at hand, so my eyes are training to see the land that is far off, and to behold the King in his Beauty.” we say , “Old man, your hearing is failing.” “No,” he replies, “they have just closed the windows of the street side to keep out the confusing noise that I may be better able to hear the angels sing.” We say, “Well, Old man, your house is about to fall down.” And we hear him say, “this is only my tent. It was designed as a temporary dwelling place and it has served it’s day well. It is not steady on its foundation, the windows are broken out, the whole place is in delapitation and the owner has notified me he has no plans to spend anything on repairs. But that’s all right. I have had the warning in time and I have made definite plans to move into a house that has foundations....”

My dad was very special and I owe so much to him for the example, standards, and life he lived. I am so thankful for my parents and looking forward to seeing them again someday. I hope I have not disappointed him. What A Day that will be!

No comments:

Post a Comment