Saturday, April 12, 2014

Easter Invite

I am thankful for church- it is a big part of my life and so thankful for the friends there. I am thankful for my pastor and his teachings both behind the pulpit and the way he lives his life. I really hope you have a church home and are faithful in attending.  Although I chose this video for its humor, it does bring home a point. I hope you can look beyond my faults and see Jesus this Easter. I think the main thing I learned at Christian College was to keep my eyes on Jesus and not those around us. I may have disappointed you in my comments or blogs, but don't let that keep you from Jesus who loves you and died for you, and rose again so that we may also rise again someday. I think often we think Christians should be perfect- Even Peter was not perfect. Keep your Eyes on Jesus, not man.
Aligned
Pastor-speaker Chip Ingram shares in his book, I Am With You Always, that nuclear submarines consist of some of the most amazing technology on the planet. These incredible military vessels can stay underwater for ninety days, but every ninety days the submarine must resurface to maintain proper alignment with the North Star. While under water, the submarine’s navigation system is affected by the earth’s magnetic forces. Because the submarines carry missiles of mass destruction, they must pay close attention to keeping the equipment aligned to the true reference point of the North Star.                   
We’re like that submarine in that we cannot perform at our highest level or complete our mission without maintaining proper alignment with our God. Your heart is the navigational equipment that keeps you on track with God. Guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.                      


No comments:

Post a Comment