Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Why Your Faith is so Important

Zig Ziglar has passed on, I admired his faith and his life. I think his message needs to be heard all the more today. I can only say Amen and hope you will know how important my faith is to me as well. I accepted Christ as my savior at a kids camp when I was just 9 years old. I was blessed with Christian parents and God has been so good to me. He is my savior. You and I may disagree on some issues, but I hope we both agree on the importance of Asking Jesus into your heart and following him.

A country boy in the late 1800s who had never seen a circus was allowed by go to town the day a traveling circus was scheduled to perform. As he neared the village, he noticed people lining the streets. He worked his way through the crowd until he could see what was happening.
Lo and behold, it was the approaching spectacle of a circus parade! The parade was the grandest thing this lad had ever seen. Caged animals snarled as they passed, bands beat their rhythms and sounded shining horns, midgets performed acrobatics while flags and ribbons swirled overhead. Finally, after everything had passed where he was standing, the traditional circus clown, with floppy shoes, baggy pants, and a brightly painted face, brought up the rear.
After the clown passed, the boy turned around and went home.
He thought he had seen the circus when he had only seen the parade.
Are you experiencing all that God has for you? The Christian life is a marvelous adventure, an exciting journey. Many people -- including Christians -- seem to be content to float in a sea of mediocrity, settling for second best. Give yourself to Christ, follow Him completely, and allow the Holy Spirit to work in you and through you. You ain't seen nothin' yet
-- Adapted from Hot Illustrations For Youth Talks, by Wayne Rice (Zondervan)

No comments:

Post a Comment