Friday, April 26, 2013

Life Is A Highway(07)

Someone said find a job you enjoy and you'll never have to work another day of your life? Not sure about that, but I sure enjoy my job, I work with some great co-workers and I thank God for my job daily. There are 6 of us on the striping crew-most of us have worked together for over 10 years on crew. Our newest support truck driver, Steve, a transfer from Vancouver- is doing a tremendous job and catching on so fast.  We cover state highways from Canadian Border to below Othello and both Stevens and North Cross Passes..  Right now the lines are pretty bad on roads, due to snowplows and studs, but its hard to paint until it is 50* out,- and winter sand/salt have been removed. Right now our goal is to stripe the roads leading to Apple Blossom by next weekend. Yesterday we did an early start to do high traffic local interchanges. I have made a striping video each year since 2005- this one is from 2008 and called Life is A Highway. This video shows some of the former crews and equipment they worked with. We now use only water based paints.
Welcome Steve, to the NCR Striping Crew 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment