Friday, April 5, 2013

You Are My Sunshine

Good thing you cannot hear me sing- one of my favorite songs I sing to the grandkids over and over is "You Are My Sunshine"- I know they can sing better than I do. I hope they will sing it to their children someday. Grandkids do not seem to mind if you are on key, and even the other day one of the grandkids said "Grandpa you never seem to win at Chutes and Ladders?"  I know he wanted me to win as well. I am thankful for Grandkids- here are some quotes of what kids think of grandparents from internet;
A Grandma will always be there for you, whenever you need her, like a Guardian Angel – at least my Grandma is!
 A Grandma always has time and likes to go to church – at least my Grandma does!
A Grandma always remembers special moments with her grandchildren – at least my Grandma does!
My Grandma does not like TV that much - she prefers books.
My Grandma has a dog, which she loves very much.
My Grandma likes to spend time in her garden and in her kitchen; she likes cooking even if she is not that good at it!
Grandmas are good looking – or at least my Grandma is!

Grandma's like to hug & kiss, which is OK by me! They have a terrible sense of direction, and so often get lost. They like to push on the swings, which is OK by me. Grandma's love to dance and look silly. Go for walks with their grandkids & dogs. Tell lots of stories, some that are true. I love my Grandma and wish I could see her more.   Kristian aged 9

A grandmother is a woman who has no children of her own, so she loves the boys and girls of other people. Grandmothers have nothing to do. They only have to be there. If they take you for a walk they go slowly past beautiful leaves and caterpillars. They never say ‘Come along quickly’ or ‘Hurry up for goodness sake’. They are usually fat, but not too fat to tie up my shoes laces. They wear spectacles and sometimes take out their teeth. They can answer any question, for instance why dogs hate cats and why God is not married. When they read they never leave anything out. They do not mind if it’s always the same story. Everyone should have a grandmother especially those who do not have a television. Grandmothers are the only grown ups who have time. Found in a Welsh church written by a boy aged 8.

A grandmother is a babysitter who watches the kids instead of the television.

A grandfather is a father who has a second chance

"You're more trouble than the children are" is the greatest compliment a grandparent can receive. 

No comments:

Post a Comment