Sunday, August 9, 2015

Puff The Magic Dragon

Puff the Magic Dragon came out in 1962 by Peter, Paul and Mary and reached #2 on the Billboard charts in 1963. Peter Yarrow has frequently explained that "Puff" is about the hardships of growing older and has no relationship to drug-taking. He has also said of the song that it "never had any meaning other than the obvious one" and is about the "loss of innocence in children". Its always been a favorite song of mine since first hearing it when I was nine years old.  I am so thankful for the great memories I have stored up for the day when my grandkids get too old and too busy for me. I figure if I have not grown up by now- I don't need to and probably won't. This video was one of our trips to Chuck E Cheese, Quality Inn, and Raptor Reef Water park.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment