Tuesday, March 3, 2020

American Trilogy- New Orleans


I am reminded of what a beautiful place we live, every time I take a  Vacation! Seven years ago today we arrived home from a cruise. We flew into New Orleans and had 2 hours  before we could board the ship and a 2 hour tour after the cruise of New Orleans, to visit that city. There is a lot of history and beauty there- and of coarse the tour guide was proud of his city, but I still prefer North Central Washington! I have always said I liked most about striping was the beautiful country we saw.  In 1972 Elvis sang a song called American Trilogy. I added some photos of that New Orleans trip.  We are blessed and I hope you include North Central Washington in your vacation plans this summer.


"An American Trilogy" is a song arranged by country songwriter Mickey Newbury and made popular by Elvis Presley, who began including the song as part of his regular concert routine in the 1970s, thereby making the song a showstopper. It is a medley of three 19th century songs—"Dixie", a blackface minstrel song that became the unofficial anthem of the Confederacy since the Civil War; "All My Trials", originally a Bahamian lullaby, but closely related to African American spirituals, and well-known through folk music revivalists; and "The Battle Hymn of the Republic", the marching song of the Union Army during the Civil War. Over 465 versions of "An American Trilogy" have been recorded by different artists.

Just found out that someone has accidentally given away all my Elvis records. I’m all shook up.

I lost my pet mouse Elvis the other night. He was caught in a trap


Tried to book tickets for an Elvis tribute night over the phone. Had to press one for the money, two for the show…

No comments:

Post a Comment