Wednesday, December 6, 2017

I have Hope- Forever Young

Please allow me to post an old video to the song "I Have Hope" by Dallas Holm- one of my favorite songs to a video made back in 2010. I do not know what any year will hold, but I know who holds the future, and I have Hope and am trusting in The Lord. I wanted to combine several videos so I could reduce blogs of my birthdays. This came from a 2013 blog and this blog was most viewed birthday blog of me. There was one comment left on that blog that I posted below in Memory of Rick Klinge who has since passed on. Click on the Arrow to view video.
Thank you for your birthday wishes- its good to know I have so many friends and their sense of humor. I can’t remember being born, by my mom insists I was. It takes a long time to grow up. 
We actually each only have one birthday in a lifetime, we just celebrate that same birthday over and over- actually the more times, the better. Today I can again celebrate that day. So far, this is the oldest I have ever been. I was actually born in Virginia, Minnesota- and in 18 days I can say I have lived 30 years in East Wenatchee.  I made this video- sadly the title is not true, although it is a nice wish; “Forever Young”.  Sure I know it is nine years old, but not much has happened in the pasts nine years either- so check out the video and have a good day. My hair was not as gray back then, I think?

I would like to share today's devotional with you from Moments Together for Couples by Dennis and Barbara Rainey-
Making the Most of it All - Eph. 5:15,16

Someday when the kids are gone, there will be plenty of ice cream just for Barbara and me. I won't find the can of herseys chocolate on the lower shelf, empty with a sticky bottom. We will return to a small refrigerator and eat on the antique table we used when we were first married.
Cars will be clean again.. The floorboard won't be covered with sunday school papers or petrified McDonalds french fries. And gum, legos, matchbox cars, doll combs and even fishhooks won't be smushed in the carpet.
Doors will be shut, and I won't have to go through the house turning off every light. We won't stumble over herds of teddy bears, dolls, and stuffed animals grazing or napping on the carpet.

Fewer tools will be lost. No frantic search parties at bedtime for lost blankets. Socks will miraculously find their mates, and the car keys will be right where I left them.
But other things will have changed too.

When the kids are gone, we won't hear the pitter patter of little feet running down the hallway, then feel a warm, wiggly body crawliung into bed and snuggling with us early on Saturday morning.
No more little girl, frilly Easter dresses or first days of school. no winter picnics or log cabin playhouses.no more fishing or hunting trips or wiener roasts for just goofing around with a childish and in mine.
Someday there will be no more handmade Fathers Day cards or wooden plaques titled "Worlds best Mom". No more crayon drawings, verses and stick people drawn on construction paper and displayed on the refrigerator.
So Until that day arrives, we're going to cherish our moments together. We're going to try to take seriously, but happily the apostle Pauls' counsel, "Making the most of your time"
Sticky or not.


Have a great birthday Dennis. I am aging faster then you as I have had three transplants, a heart and two stem cell transplants. Now I am aging just about as fast as a dog. I am starting to look like one too. Have fun playing Laser Tag with Trent.
Rick
ReplyDelete



No comments:

Post a Comment