Saturday, October 1, 2016

We Salute You, Real Men of Genius

Monday we welcome Jeremy Worley to our striping crew as the new driver to replace Beau who is our new lead tech.  We also say goodbye to Johnathan who is moving on to Radio dispatch on Monday, and to Jeanine Ring, our former boss, who is retiring on Wednesday.  Sid Simon retired this summer. Johnny Allen and Brad came back this summer to help out. We even moved to a new office last month that has the best top floor view. I don't have a video for this year, or even a group photo, so here is 2013 video to show you what we do. 2013 was our last year with Pat Medrano as lead driver, he became a lead tech on Stevens. We welcomed Steve Lupton as support Truck driver in 2013, and is still with us. It was a good year with no accidents and lots of good memories. So here is a salute to the NCR Striping Crew- Real Men of Genius- We Salute You.
This is Brad who  worked with us this summer 
and works radio dispatch in winter.
Alana Johnson has been on striping crew longer than any present crew member
I enjoyed working with Jeremy Worley in Leavenworth and on Stevens Pass
Here is a selfie, by Hendricks Road, where we striped this spring below Othello.
This was our entire crew the first year I worked with striping crew- back in 2003. One has passed on, two were promoted, and 3 of us are still with crew 16 years later. Our boss back then retires this Wednesday.
This may be last group photo we have taken- this is from 2014 and has Sid Simon our former Lead Tech in it.

MY JOB SEARCH
My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned. Couldn't concentrate.
Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but just couldn't hack it, so they gave me the axe.
After that, I tried being a Tailor, but wasn't suited for it -- mainly because it was a sew-sew job.
Next, I tried working in a Muffler Factory, but that was too exhausting.
Then, tried being a Chef - figured it would add a little spice to my life, but just didn't have the thyme.
Next, I attempted being a Deli Worker, but any way I sliced it.... couldn't cut the mustard.
My best job was a Musician, but eventually found I wasn't noteworthy.
I studied a long time to become a Doctor, but didn't have any patience.
Next, was a job in a Shoe Factory. Tried hard but just didn't fit in.
I became a Professional Fisherman, but discovered I couldn't live on my net income.
Managed to get a good job working for a Pool Maintenance Company, but the work was just too draining.
So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn't fit for the job..
After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as a Historian - until I realized there was no future in it.
My last job was working in Starbucks, but had to quit because it was the same old grind.
FINALLY I tried RETIREMENT and found it PERFECT for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment