Sunday, April 5, 2015

Who'll Buy My Memories

Not all my videos I make, are about my grandchildren- but I love to smile at kids in stores- and they usually will smile back. Willie Nelson did a remake of this song last year with his sister and I although I thought of making a video of myself, I knew, as the song said No One will buy my memories- so I added some photos of other peoples grandkids this time.  
I was packing for my business trip and my three year old daughter was having a wonderful time playing on the bed. At one point she said, “Daddy, look at this,” and stuck out two of her fingers. Trying to keep her entertained, I reached out and stuck her tiny fingers in my mouth and said, “Daddy’s gonna eat your fingers,” pretending to eat them. I went back to packing, looked up again and my daughter was standing on the bed staring at her fingers with a devastated look on her face. I said, “What’s wrong, honey?” She replied, “What happened to my booger?”

A California congressman was seated next to a little girl on the flight to D.C., when the politician turned to her and said,’Let’s talk. I’ve heard that flights go quicker if you strike up a conversation with your fellow passenger.
‘ The little girl, who had just opened her book, closed it slowly and asked, ‘What would you like to talk about?’
‘Oh, I don’t know,’ said the congressman. ‘How about nuclear power?’ and he grins.
OK, ‘ she said. ‘That could be an interesting topic.
But let me ask you a question first.
A horse, a cow, and a deer all eat the same stuff – grass – . Yet a deer excretes little pellets, while a cow turns out a flat patty, and a horse produces clumps of dried grass. Why do you suppose that is?’

The politician, now visibly surprised by the little girl’s intelligence, thinks about it and says, ‘Hmmm, I have no idea.
‘ To which the little girl replies, ‘Do you really feel qualified to discuss nuclear power when you don’t know poop?



No comments:

Post a Comment