Sunday, March 30, 2014

Open Heart Surgery

I wanted to share more Mark Lowry with you, to show you his talent besides songwriting and singing, as well as share some humor with you which is good for both of  us.

Forgive Me When I Whine
Today upon a bus,
I saw a lovely maid with golden hair;
I envied her -- she seemed so gay,
and how I wished I were so fair;
When suddenly she rose to leave,
I saw her hobble down the aisle;
she had one foot and wore a crutch,
but as she passed, a smile.

Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two feet -- the world is mine.

And when I stopped to buy some sweets,
the lad who served me had such charm;
he seemed to radiate good cheer,
his manner was so kind and warm;
I said, "It's nice to deal with you,
such courtesy I seldom find";
he turned and said, "Oh, thank you sir."
And then I saw that he was blind.
 
Oh, God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two eyes, the world is mine.

Then, when walking down the street,
I saw a child with eyes of blue;
he stood and watched the others play,
it seemed he knew not what to do;
I stopped a moment, then I said,
"Why don't you join the others, dear?"
He looked ahead without a word,
and then I knew he could not hear.

Oh God, forgive me when I whine,
I have two ears, the world is mine.

With feet to take me where I'd go;
with eyes to see the sunsets glow,
with ears to hear what I would know.
I am blessed indeed.

The world is mine; oh, God,
forgive me when I whine.

-- Anonymous
 

1 comment:

  1. Awesome and interesting article. Great things you've always shared with us. Thanks. Just continue composing this kind of post. best cardiology hospital in Hyderabad

    ReplyDelete