Thursday, March 6, 2014

Beautiful In My Eyes

It was around this date 42 years ago I started dating Janice. We attended state basketball tournament in Tacoma, she was staying with her sister at McChord and we double dated. I first met her in my history class when I moved to Coulee Dam in Sept. of 1971. We got to walk down the graduation isle together and then she would attend Eastern Washington University and I would attend Northwest University. I could see I was running out of money and figured with the phone bills, it would be cheaper to get married?? I did drop out after first semester and set a April 13th wedding date in 1974. that was the smartest move I made and do not regret it. I made this video several years ago to the song called Beautiful In My Eyes.
I have bad luck with women. A woman I was dating told me on the phone, “I have to go, there’s a telemarketer on the other line.”

It costs a lot of money to date. I took a girl out to dinner the other night. I said, “What’ll you have?” She said, “I guess I’ll have the steak and lobster.” I said “Guess again.”

A girl brought home her fiance, a theology student, to meet her parents for the first time. Her father was keen to learn what prospects the boy had.  "How do you plan to make a living?" asked the father. "I don't know," said the student, "but God will provide." The father raised his eyebrows. "Do you own a car?" "No," said the student, "but God will provide." "I see. And where are you thinking of living once you're married?"  "No idea, but I'm sure God will provide."  Later the mother asked the father what he thought of their prospective son-in-law.  "Not a lot, really," sighed the father. "He's got no money and seems to have given precious little thought to the future. But on the other hand, he thinks I'm God!"

No comments:

Post a Comment