Friday, November 29, 2019

Hawaii Five-0 - (Maui Vacation)


Eight years ago today we left for Hawaii for our first time.   We had so much fun.  I have found that looking at old vacation videos is a lot cheaper than going there in person?  I first read a comic book by Dennis the Menace in the early 60's that caught my attention (wish I still owned that comic book- I paid 25 cents for it new). Later I would hear an Adventures in Odessey Story of the Barkleys visiting Hawaii (Focus on the Family) that would keep my attention on that island.(I still own that cassette tape) We had won 3 free nights stay at the Maui in the Banyan in Maui. Temperatures ranged from 46 degrees at 10,000 feet at dawn, to 83 degrees as a high. We traveled 533 miles on our rental car with gas costing around 4.34 a gallon. And the entire 7 days cost us  less than $1,800.  Thank you Journey Travel and Aston at the Maui Banyan and thanks Darcie for watching our animals and house while gone. We had so much fun. And reliving that week did not cost me anything. 

“No man needs a vacation so much as the man who has just had one”

“The alternative to a vacation is to stay home and tip every third person you see.”

“A vacation should be just long enough that you're boss misses you, and not long enough for him to discover how well he can get along without you



No comments:

Post a Comment