Tuesday, August 2, 2016

Dennis Hendricks In 2016

Thank you for voting in primary- out of 19,816 registered voters in Douglas County, 1256 have voted in District 1 so far. I certainly have  no regrets and I cannot say enough good about the candidates who will move on to the November Election. I have got to know them, and so many wonderful people in our community, since announcing I was running on May 24th.  Pat Haley and Dan Sutton both have kept this positive and although I may have my favorite- I will not endorse one over the other- that is up to you in November and not fair of me to suggest otherwise. Both are outstanding candidates, good family men, have high moral standards and integrity, really care about our community, and  have worked very hard to get to move on. They earned it and my hats off to both of them.
This was my first county race- there is some differences from city races or being appointed.  I almost ran 16 years ago against Leslie Emeric and Ken Stanton but failed to file.  I was surprised to receive over 28 emails wanting to spend my campaign money (that I still have not received)- all the way from 2 cent robo calls to billboards and pinwheels.(now that is the field we should  be in to  make money)  Thank you Wenatchee World, KPQ and KOHO for your excellent and fair coverage. I do appreciate those who sat down to study the candidates as well as those who asked our thoughts on issues. Looking back I see many changes since May 24th just in presidential race alone and I am so thankful I have not had to deal with the negativity and threats seen in the news over other races.
I will leave posts up my blog- its been fun and I hope I have challenged others on issues that still need changed- my most popular post  was about roundabouts with 231 hits. My most popular song on YouTube.com was Take A Chance on Me with 88 hits.  I have spent 685.00 for this campaign- only two others in District 1 have spent more than that. I think I have had more signs up than both Trump and Clinton do in District 1. This is my 11lth Blog made for Douglas County Commissioner label. Thank you to those who encouraged me to throw my hat into the ring and believed in me. A moment of thanks to those who inspired me; but who have passed on. Thanks for putting up with my posts- I know many of you are tired of politics. I hope you will continue to hold those in office accountable and even more will Vote in the November Election.  I still feel like a winner- sometimes one can do more without a title,  and some of the important things I want to be remembered for  at my funeral do not require the most votes.


ok- final vote(8-16-16) posted below- 37% voter turnout and I came in 3rd. I will be voting in election and I may not be qualified to give out advice to those running locally- but "please stay on the issues that you will or will not do" and do not throw knives at your opponent. And do not always believe what you read in the paper- call directly if you have a  question- don't always rely on facebook, paper or the opponent. Be Sure and VOTE- and thanks for keeping this a clean race and on the issues.
COMMISSIONER DISTRICT #1 County Commissioner 1
CandidateVoteVote %
Pat Haley
(Prefers Republican Party)
1,06047.88%
Dan Sutton
(Prefers Republican Party)
85238.48%
Dennis Hendricks
(Prefers Republican Party)
30213.64%
Total Votes (not including write-ins)2,214






























No comments:

Post a Comment