Monday, May 16, 2016

Got 2 Again

Today is first day for candidates to file for office. My goal was to get people to file for office,  bring out the issues, get people to vote, and to  have fun doing it. I applaud those running and thank those who encouraged me to do the same. There are two sides to every issue and perhaps the hardest part is listening to both sides and know what the people are saying. I am very passionate about our need for more 4 lanes in Douglas county and the need to work within the budget given me. There are 3 commissioners, I see nothing wrong with asking questions and not having unanimous votes all the time- I respect those who disagree with me. I can learn from the employees of Douglas County and they already have been so helpful to me.
I have nothing to hide or been threatened in any way for my views- In fact with 23 years serving on City council- I know the stress and frustration of areas that your are told if you do not vote this way you will loose federal funds. Some claim the state is ignoring county marijuana laws.  It's frustrating to see double standards and our freedoms taken away. There are many people who I look up to and who are more qualified than I am to serve- and many of them perhaps can do more and are less limited by not being elected and the rules that come with that. I believe in openness and two way communication. I urge you to continue to speak up, to vote, and to live lives of integrity. I see many opportunities.  I welcome your thoughts and comments.  I work for you and there may be times we disagree- that does not mean I did not listen or I do not like you. Laws should be fair and applied equally.  I want to treat you how I would wanted to be treated. I want to roll out the red carpet and not the red tape both new and existing business. And I do not expect everyone's vote- Just YOURS! Lets keep this a positive and make it a fun race with no name calling or insults. I want to focus on what my opponents agree with me on, not disagree.  My email address is below as is the comment button.



No comments:

Post a Comment