Saturday, October 10, 2015

Wipeout

This month is my 22nd year at WSDOT. I enjoy the variety of jobs I am allowed to do at work-I am on call 24 hours a day, if needed. I truly enjoy flagging. I get to meet some super nice people, enjoy the beautiful weather, and work in such a great places and great friends. Once, there was a snow slide on Stevens Pass that not only closed the hiway, it buried one of our snowblowers. The slide pushed him sideways and he got out just before another slide came in and finished burying our snowblower.  There a rock slide in Tumwater Canyon- crews had to haul the debris 7 miles up the road as you cannot just dump it over the bank to widen the road anymore.  We had to divert traffic over Snoqualmie Pass and second day, cars only, were allowed to detour on the Chumstick County Road, until it opened.  I flagged for too many fatalities that the road is closed for, sadly many involve drinking.  Most people just want to know why the road is closed- so Lets see if I can post some photos below for you on why the road was closed. The video called Wipeout I made several years ago and  has some photos from work and some I added from Internet to fill it up- I think you can tell the difference?
Several years ago I published this in my Wisdom, Wonder and Wit Joke Book, its called;
Washington Winter Journal:
Aug. 12: Moved to our new home in Washington. Beautiful here. The northern woods are so majestic. Can hardly wait for snow. I love it here.
Oct. 14: Washington is the most beautiful place on Earth. The leaves have turned colors. Went for a ride through the country and saw some deer. They are so graceful...certainly one of the most beautiful animals on earth. I really love it here.
Nov.11: Deer season will start soon. I can’t imagine anyone wanting to kill such a gorgeous creature. Hope it will snow soon. What a beautiful place.
Dec.12: Snowed last night! Woke up to find everything blanketed with white. It looks like a postcard! We went outside and cleared the snow off the steps and shoveled the driveway. We had a snow ball fight(I won) and when the snow plow came by, we got to shovel the driveway out again. I love Washington
Dec. 14: More snow last night. I love it. The snow plow did his trick to the driveway again. Its so great here.
Dec.19: More snow last night. Couldn’t get out of the driveway to get to work. Stupid Snow Plow.
Dec.22: More of that crazy snow fell last night. I have blisters on my hands from shoveling. I think the snow plow hides around curves and waits until I am done shoveling the drive way. Stupid Jerk!
Dec.25: Merry Christmas. More of that crazy snow.If I ever get my hands on that snow plow driver, I swear I’ll kill him. I Don’t know why they don’t use more salt on the roads to melt the ice.
Dec.27: More crazy white stuff fell last night.Been inside for three days-except for shoveling driveway after that snow plow goes through. Can’t go anywhere-car stuck in snow. Weatherman says to expect 19” of the crazy white stuff- do you know how many shovels of snow 19” is?
Dec.28: The crazy weatherman is wrong. We got 34” of snow this time.At this rate it won’t melt before next summer. The snow plow got stuck up the road and the crazy driver came to door to ask to borrow a shovel. After I told him I had broken six shovels already, shoveling the snow he pushed into my driveway- I Broke the last shovel over his ugly head.
Jan.4: Finally got out of the house today.Went to the store to get food and hit deer that ran in front of my car. Did $3,000 damage to car! Those beasts should be killed.Wish the hunters had killed all of them last November.
May 3: Took car to garage in town. Would you believe the thing is rusting out from all that crazy salt they put all over the roads?
May 10: Moved to Arizona! I can’t imagine why anyone in their right mind would ever live in the state of Washington!

No comments:

Post a Comment