Wednesday, March 11, 2015

The Only Girl In My Heart - Butterfly Kisses - To A Sleeping Beauty

It's hard to describe the joy and emotions when I first became a Grandpa and held my first grandchild ever. I remember driving to Moscow Idaho to see her from East Wenatchee, so many times. One of those visits was the weekend Princess Di was killed and on the news. Then we were blessed when she moved to Wenatchee and could watch her grow, so close to us. I have been so blessed and certainly am not the perfect Grandpa, (even got the date wrong on this video) but what a great honor and joy. She is building her own memories more and more- that is normal and part of life. She enjoys her privacy, friends, is a typical teen and ever so busy. I love to see her smile. Rather than make a new video- I would like to share an old one, sung by Steve and Annie Chapman called "The Only Little Girl in My Heart". I am not sure how Grandpas handle when their granddaughters start dating and someday marry-(it was hard enough as a dad,) but I am praying now for Gods will and trusting him for her helpmate. Happy Birthday Grace- You will always be the little girl in my heart...
Click arrow below for ButterFly Kisses
 
Bob Carlisle wrote/sang Butterfly kisses for his daughters l6th birthday back in 1997. The song was a hit when Dawn was getting married. Seven years ago I added some photos of Grace, but did not realize until four years, I put down the wrong date for her birthday. Now, with over 9,200 views on Youtube, its too late to change it. It is one of my most popular videos on youtube.com. Grace turns 16 tomorrow. What A blessing and joy she is. I hope you don't mind if I post this video with the above video, and wish her a Happy Birthday since it is a big birthday- Seems only yesterday I held her in my arms, and then I blinked........where does time go?
                     Click Arrow below for To A Sleeping Beauty
The word Grace means “unmerited favor from God” and also means “elegance or beauty of form, manner, motion, or action, moral strength”. She does not like me to make new videos of her- but these old videos bring back so many memories- What a Blessing and treasure from God. Happy Birthday Grace!

Jimmy Dean passed away Sunday, June 13th, 2010 at the age of 81. I remember him for his Big Bad John Song he sang/wrote back in 1961 and the above song, To A Sleeping Beauty sang in 1962.  Some remember Jimmy Dean Sausage, of coarse- (which he sold to Sarah lee company in 1984).He attributed his interest in music to the Seth Ward Baptist Church. Jimmy Dean, who dropped out of high school in 1946 to work and help his mother, announced on May 20, 2008, a donation of $1 million to Wayland Baptist University in Plainview, the largest gift ever from one individual to the institution. Dean said: "I've been so blessed, and it makes me proud to give back, especially to my hometown. I also remember seeing him on a Bill Gaither Homecoming Video.

No comments:

Post a Comment