Sunday, December 29, 2013

Getting into Trouble at Church

I was raised in church, we would attend 3 times a week in fact, so I can relate to Bob Smiley today as he talks about getting into trouble at church. I am a grown up now, and I still get into trouble at church?...I am glad God has a sense of humor.
At Sunday School they were teaching how God created everything, including human beings. Little Johnny seemed especially intent when they told him how Eve was created out of one of Adam’s ribs.
Later in the week his mother noticed him lying down as though he were ill, and she said, ‘Johnny, what is the matter?’
Little Johnny responded, ‘I have pain in my side. I think I’m going to have a wife.’


A Sunday school teacher was discussing the Ten Commandments with her five and six year olds. After explaining the commandment to ‘Honor thy father and thy mother,’ she asked, ‘Is there a commandment that teaches us how to treat our brothers and sisters?’
Without missing a beat, one little boy answered, ‘Thou shall not kill..’

No comments:

Post a Comment