Saturday, July 6, 2013

Bedtime Prayers

Sometimes we do things out of habit and need someone to question why we do certain things. Tim Hawkins looks at some of our bedtime prayers for kids- maybe you can explain it for us? Sometimes it is not just the things we say to our kids that we do not think about either?
Dear Lord,
So far everything has gone well today.
I have been patient. I have been thoughtful of others. I have put others first. I have not gossiped, been greedy, grumpy, nasty, selfish, or self indulgent. I have not lost my temper, or even been brusque. I have not whined, complained, cursed, or eaten any chocolate.
However, Lord, in just a few minutes I’ll be getting out of bed and I am going to need all the help I can get!


Retirees Prayer;
Now I lay me
Down to sleep.
I pray the Lord
My shape to keep.
Please no wrinkles
Please no bags
And please lift my backside
Before it sags.
Please no age spots
Please no gray
And as for my belly,
Please take it away.
Please keep me healthy
Please keep me young,
And thank you Dear Lord
For all that you've done.
Amen

Dear Lord,
Help me to relax about insignificant details, beginning tomorrow at 7:41:23 a.m. EST.
Help me to consider people's feelings, even if most of them are hypersensitive.
Help me to take responsibility for the consequences of my actions, even though they're usually not my fault.
Help me to not try to run everything - but, if you need some help, please feel free to ask me.
Help me to be more laid back, and help me to do it exactly right.
Help me to take things more seriously, especially laughter, parties, and dancing.
Give me patience, and I mean right now!
Help me not be a perfectionist. (Did I spell that correctly?)
Help me to finish everything I sta
Help me to keep my mind on one thing ... oh, look, a bird ... at a time.
Help me to do only what I can, and trust you for the rest. And would you mind putting that in writing?
Keep me open to others' ideas, misguided though they may be.
Help me follow established procedures. Hey, wait ... this is wrong ...
Help me slow down andnotrushthroughwhatido.
Thank you, Lord.
Amen 

No comments:

Post a Comment