Friday, January 1, 2021

Moments To Remember- 2020 Review


In 2015 I created my first year end video reviewing photos I had taken and the date attached. Perhaps the hardest part is choosing the song, preferably  about memories. This year I chose a 1955 song called Moments to Remember originally sang by the  Canadian quartet, The Four Lads. My favorite singers were The Statler Brothers and the Lettermen that are featured on this video.  I hope 2020 was a good year for you with lots of memories. I am grateful for those who made it so special for us. I have no idea what next year holds- but I know who holds the future. God may have you still here as someone needs you. He could also meet us in the air this year. Be ready.

I must pause to thank those who made an impact on my life and went home during 2020. None of us know when our time is up down here.

I was able to attend service of Larry Weston, who died at age of 69 from cancer. He was my boss at wsdot and a role model for me.  I also lost my longest neighbor, Mike Doherty, we would visit in backyard so often. Don Crowell was a former church board member, and Larry Trapp I knew from my WUTC days. None of these died from covid.

Here are some other people who I never met, but impacted my life;

George Alex Trebek,  a Canadian-American game show host and television personality. He was the host of the syndicated game show Jeopardy! for 37 seasons from its revival in 1984 until his death in 2020. 

Christian singer, songwriter, and comedian, Aaron Wilburn passed away November 27, 2020. Born July 9, 1950, in Ardmore, AL, Wilburn began his career as a member of the Happy Goodman Family. Throughout Aaron's five decades of songwriting, he either wrote or co-wrote many of Gospel music's most beloved songs, including "Four Days Late," "Home," "It Won't Rain Always," "That Sounds Like Home To Me," "What A Beautiful Day (For The Lord To Come Again)," and dozens more.

Gary McSpadden was a renowned gospel singer and a member of the Gospel Music Association Hall of Fame. He was a member of the Oak Ridge Boys from 1962-1963, and went on to a career with other top gospel groups of that era including the Bill Gaither Trio and the Gaither Vocal Band. McSpadden died on April 15 at the age of 77 after a battle with cancer.

Harold Reid shot to fame as a member of the Statler Brothers. The bass vocalist and comedian died on April 24,2020, after battling kidney failure. Reid was 80 years old at the time of his death.

 Kenny Rogers died  on March 20 in Sandy Springs, GA. According to his family,  "passed away peacefully at home from natural causes under the care of hospice and surrounded by his family." 

Charley Pride  the first Black singer to join the Grand Ole Opry,  died on Dec. 12, of COVID-19 complications. He was 86 years old.

Mac Davis, the writer of Elvis Presley's "In the Ghetto" died at the age of 78 on Sept. 29, just one day after news broke that he was critically ill after undergoing heart surgery in Nashville.

Charlie Daniels died on July 6 after suffering a hemorrhagic stroke. He was 83 years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment