Saturday, March 17, 2012

Everyone Hurts-Don't Drink & Drive


Last nights paper ran a story about a man who fell out of a pickup on SR2 while holding a barbecue they had just bought. There were some comments posted about his mentality- but I don't think  he was as stupid as those who drink and drive. There few things more stupid than drinking and driving. Even with the warnings, the extra patrols, the free rides home, people will still drink and drive, and people will die because of it. Last Wednesday night around 9pm near Arlington, Jim Arneson was killed by a drunk driver and his son is in serious condition! (see note from facebook below)

Between 2004 and 2008 based of fatal crashes- nearly half (49%) of people killed in impaired related crashes were between 16 and 30. Of impaired drivers involved in fatal crashes, 84% were male. Almost 2/3rds of impaired related crashes occurred in rural areas. Two out of three crashes occurred between 6pm and 5; 59am. More than half (52%) occurred in rural areas. 50% of impaired drivers killed, were also speeding. Over half of passenger occupants involved in impaired driving fatal crashes were not wearing seat belts.

My hats off to those cracking down on impaired drivers and work on same roads as them- you have my total support-Nail those Drivers! Too bad we have so many get off on technicalities for a fee. There is no need to drink and drive at any time- Please, Please, Please do not Drink and Drive! I don't need to be called out to flag for one more DUI accident. Everybody hurts when you drink and drive. There is no excuse, its stupid, and yes, my family will be on the road today- my wife already lost a sister from a drunk.
Zach Arneson
A week ago tonight I got a call from my wife letting me know that my Dad and Brother had been in a head on collision with a drunk driver. My Dad, my BEST friend, was killed in the collision. I never thought this could happen. Not to my Dad. He never touched a drop of alcohol in his life. My brother has spent the last week in the hospital with fractured ribs, sternum, and back. Its a miracle he is... even alive. The driver that hit them was traveling at 75+ MPH and crossed the center lane. My Dad was the most amazing man I have ever known. I can only hope to be like him someday!! He was so much more than a Father and his love was unconditional! The pain in my heart can not be expressed with words. I love you Dad, with all my heart!!!See More—


3-17-13
TACOMA, Wash. —

9-year-old Donovan Best died Sunday night after being taken off of life support at Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital.
Investigators said Best’s uncle, 26-year-old Jayce Randall, was allegedly driving drunk and high on marijuana when his vehicle crashed on westbound State Route 16 early Saturday morning.
Best and Randall were ejected from the car after it rolled over, and Best was taken to Mary Bridge Hospital in critical condition.
The Washington State Patrol said Randall’s blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit.
Randall also admitted to police that he smoked marijuana and drank heavily before he got into the vehicle.
Best’s family told KIRO 7 Eyewitness News reporter Deborah Horne that the crash is the ultimate family tragedy.
“It’s awful. It’s the most horrific thing that I could ever imagine a family going through,” said Karrie Lewandowski.
“A mistake was made. Unfortunately, it is a tragic mistake. There’s nothing we can do to fix it now,” said Dale Lewandowski.
Randall was charged with vehicular homicide.

No comments:

Post a Comment